1 st TERM PRACTICE EXAM FOR 12 th GRADES
Fill in the missing parts with specific information from the students’ conversation that
some students are talking to each other about Mr. Robbins after his class. (25 pts)
1) The students like the way he ________________.
2) The students had their __________ lesson with him.
3) Some students see him as charismatic as ______________ .
4) Mr. Robbins doesn’t have much in common with _________ English teacher.
5) He looks __________ years old.
The Beatles were a rock and pop band from Liverpool, England. Formed in 1960, the group primarily
consisted of John Lennon (rhythm guitar, vocals), Paul McCartney (bass guitar, vocals), George Harrison (lead
guitar, vocals) and Ringo Starr (drums, vocals). The group worked with different musical genres, ranging from
rock and roll to psychedelic rock. Their clothes, style and statements made them the most important trendsetters
in 1960s. After the band broke up in 1970, all four members started their successful solo careers. The Beatles
released more than 40 different singles, albums and EPs selling over one billion records internationally. Theirs
was the greatest commercial success in the history of popular music. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked
the Beatles number one on its list of 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. Their influence on pop culture is still
Read the text above and write true (T) or false (F). (15 pts)
- The Beatles were an American band. _
- The Beatles were formed in 1960. _
- The Beatles were consisted of five people. _
- The members finished their career when the band broke up. _
- We can still see their influence on pop culture. _
Write the phrases under the correct headings. (10 pts)
Personally //That’ s right // I totally disagree // That’ so true // I’m not so sure about it
As for me// In my opinion //No doubt about it//I don’t think so//You are absolutely right.
Expressing Opinion Expression of Agreeing Expression of Disagreeing
Introduce your best friend using at least 10 sentences. (25 pts)
Who is your best friend? Why? Talk about reasons with at least 5 sentences. (25 pts)
CONTENT ORGANIZATION VOCABULARY FLUENCY ACCURACY TOTAL