TEST 5 – UNITS 8&9 Vocabulary
1. Circle the correct answer. (10 x 2 = 20 points)
Tom and Kim’s wedding ceremony / emergency was amazing.
Sarah broke her leg! Let’s call an invitation / ambulance!
All doctors of the hospital are going to attend / enter the meeting tomorrow.
Can you prepare / breathe the food for the party, Alice?
Ι haven’t got enough money for this MP3 player. Should I borrow / imagine some from Joe?
I need a plaster / banner because I cut my finger.
What are you going to do after you faint / graduate from university?
I’d like to make a(n) appointment / decoration with doctor Parker, please.
Ryan wants to send Clark an email, but he doesn’t know his step / address.
Students must follow all the school tours / rules.
2. Complete the sentences with the phrases from the box. (5 x 2 = 10 points)
related to get ready thanks to stay calm write back
I read an article _________________________ health problems yesterday.
_________________________ Jennifer’s advice, Katie found a solution to her problem.
_________________________, guys! We’re going to leave in a few minutes.
During an earthquake, go under a heavy table and try to _________________________.
_________________________ to Jessie and tell her about my graduation party next week.
3. Complete the sentences with the possessive pronouns from the box. (6 x 1 = 6 points)
mine yours his hers ours theirs
– Is this Mike’s car? – No, it isn’t ______________.
– Are those your bikes, children? – No, they aren’t______________.
– Does this house belong to Susan?- Yes, it’s______________.
– Have Liam and Collin got a computer? – Yes! Actually, this computer is ______________.
– I forgot my mobile phone at home! – That’s OK. You can use ______________ if you want.
Are those sunglasses______________, Simon?
4. Circle the correct answer. (8 x 2 = 16 points)
Students must / mustn’t be late for school.
You must / mustn’t see a doctor for those headaches.
You mustn’t / must stay in the sun for long in summer.
You must / mustn’t have the right equipment to hike on a mountain.
Tina should / shouldn’t go to school. She isn’t OK.
Students should / shouldn’t be nice to their teachers.
Mark’s grades were bad. He should / shouldn’t try harder.
Anna should / shouldn’t go to bed late. Her flight is at 5:00 tomorrow morning.
5. Complete the sentences using be going to and the verbs given. (8 x 1 = 8 points)
Angie _________________________ (meet) her friends later this evening.
Beth and Mike _________________________ (get) married next year.
________ you _______________________ (invite) Luke to your opening party?
We _________________________ (not work) next weekend.
________ your brother _______________________ (move) to London in September?
Julie _________________________ (not join) us at the concert tomorrow.
My wife _________________________ (decorate) our new house.
________ Ron and Charlotte _______________________ (leave) for Paris next week?
6. Circle the correct answer. (10 x 1 = 10 points)
I want to thank you for _________ to my party.
a. coming b. come c. you come
My parents go _________ at the supermarket every weekend.
a. for shopping b. to shop c. shopping
_________to different countries is the best way to spend your holidays.
a. Travelling b. Travel c. Travelled
We are looking forward _________ you at our anniversary party.
a. see b. to seeing c. to see
Your keys are on the table, but I can’t find _________.
a. my b. I c. mine
Doctors say that people shouldn’t _________ fast food.
a. eat b. eating c. not eat
_________ physics teacher is from Spain.
a. Ours b. Our c. We
– Are you going to have a lunch break at 2:00? – No, I _________.
a. ’m not b. ’m not going c. not
We _________ throw a party for Helen at home.
a. are going to b. are going c. going to
Visitors_________ be quiet in the hospital.
a. must b. shouldn’t c. mustn’t
7. Read the dialogue and mark the sentences with T (true) or F (false). (5 x 2 = 10 points)
Dr Wells: Hello, Mr Smith. Have a seat, please.
Mr Smith: Thank you, Dr Wells.
Dr Wells: What’s the problem?
Mr Smith: Yesterday, I had a terrible headache. And today, I have a sore throat.
Dr Wells: Well, I see you have a fever, too. You’ve got the flu, Mr Smith.
Mr Smith: Should I take any medicine?
Dr Wells: Yes, you should take these pills. Also, you shouldn’t leave the house for two days.
Try to get some rest. And drink a glass of orange juice every day.
Mr Smith: OK, Dr Wells. Thank you. Have a nice day.
Dr Wells: Goodbye, Mr Smith.
Mr Smith had a rash yesterday.
He has a fever today.
He should take some medicine.
He can go out tomorrow.
He should drink some apple
juice every day.
8. Listen and circle the correct answer. (5 x 2 = 10 points)
Jack is going to have a birthday / graduation party next week.
Sarah is going to prepare the decorations / invitations for the party.
The party is going to take place on Saturday, 6th / 16th June.
The party is going to start at half past eight / eight o’clock in the evening.
Jack’s address is 95 / 59 Spring Street.
9. Write an email to your friend, Sharon, telling her about your plans for your summer
holidays this summer. (10 points)
• which place you are going to visit
• when you are going to visit it
• who is going to be with you
• what you are going to do there
How are you? I hope you are fine. I’m writing because I’ve got some plans for my holidays!
I’m going to ________________________________________________________________
So, what about you?
Write back and let me know!