The 2nd written Exam of the 1st Term
Name Surname: Number: Class:11- Score:
I- Read the sentences and fill in the blanks with the words. (8*3:24 pts)
A. deprive B. refugee C. consciences D. disadvantaged
E. racism F. paralyzed G. abuse H.inequality
1. People donate items of furniture to the society who then distributes them to ____________ families.
2. As a ____________, he can be deported only if he is a danger to national security or to the community.
3. In June, 2013, a stroke turned his active 58-year-old father speechless and ____________.
4. My mother was ____________ of an education while my uncles were sent to school.
5. Black people are imprisoned at five times the rate of white due to ____________.
6. He has grossly misused his position and ____________ his authority.
7. There were people who had obviously suppressed their ____________ for the rest of their lives after their actions.
8. If you compare a violent society with a relatively peaceful one, the single biggest difference is income __________________.
II- Fill in the blanks with “will” or “won’t” to create meaningful sentences. (10*4:40 pts.)
1. Sue and Jane ___________ let you come with her because they don’t like her at all.
2. I ___________ cross the ocean for you.
3. I ___________ study tonight because my exams are over.
4. I ___________ go to the States. I want to go to the UK.
5. Jim ___________ go to school tomorrow. He’s ill.
6. If my parents give me some money, I ___________ buy a new pair of shoes.
7. If you eat too much, you ___________ put on weight.
8. Don’t stay out too late or you ___________ be tired tomorrow morning.
9. I don’t think she ___________ pass the exam. She isn’t good at Maths.
10. You may as well go home now, I ___________ be back for hours.
III- Complete the sentences will/won’t + a suitable verb. (9*4:36 pts)
Eg. They won’t go (not) to France, they will go to Turkey.
1. I’m too tired. I ______________ a taxi.
2. I have to phone Jack but it’s too late. I ______________ him in the morning.
3. Jim is ill. He ______________ (not) to school tomorrow.
4. My room is so untidy. I ______________ it.
5. I’ve left the window open. I ______________ it.
6. I feel very sleepy. I ______________ (not) out tonight.
7. Those suitcases look heavy. I ______________ you with them.
8. I ______________ (not) Carol what you said. I promise.
9. It’s Gigi’s birthday tomorrow. She ______________ 21.