Elementary Test 11
Elementary Test 11
– Present Continuous
– Possessive pronouns (mine, yours, hers)
– Linking words (although, but)
1. We _____ watching a good documentary _____ BBC World now.
A) are / in B) am / on C) are / on D) is / in
2. I always _____ _____ credit card.
A) pay / by B) am paying / with
C) ’m paying / by D) pay / with
3. _____ you _____ a girl _____ fair hair?
A) Do / knowing / of B) Does / know / of
C) Do / know / with D) Are / knowing / with
4. _____ she got a dress _____ white?
A) Does / in B) Has / on C) Have / in D) Has / in
5. _____ is reading a letter _____ bed now.
A) She / in B) I / in C) You / on D) He / at
6. A: What _____ you _____?
B: I’m a lecturer.
A) do / do B) are / do C) is / do D) do / doing
7. A: What _____ she ____ now?
B: I don’t know.
A) does / do B) do / do C) is / doing D) is / do
8. A: _____ are we _____?
B: To the class.
A) When / going B) Where / go
C) When / go D) Where / going
9. A: Oh no! It _____. We can’t go out.
B: It always _____ here in March.
A) is snowing / snows B) snows / ’s snowing
C) ’s snow / snows D) snows / snows
10. I _____. Because it’s my happiest day today.
A) jumping B) jump C) ’m jumping D) jumped
11. Benedit and Nina are _____ only salads.
Because vegetarians don’t _____ meat.
A) eat / eat B) eating / eating
C) eat / eating D) eating / eat
12. Sorry, I _____ understand you. I _____ speak Russian.
A) do / don’t B) do / do
C) don’t / don’t D) am / am
13. A: Why _____ we _____ to a park?
B: A good idea!
A) do / go B) don’t / go
C) aren’t / going D) are / going
14. What _____ you _____ to know?
A) do / want B) are / wanting
C) do / wanting D) are / want
15. A: _____ she _____ a problem now?
B: No. She _____ _____ how to solve.
A) Is / solve / doesn’t / know
B) Does / solve / isn’t / knowing
C) Is / solving / doesn’t / know
D) Does / solving / doesn’t / know
16. Can you translate this letter _____ English _____ Chinese _____ me?
A) from / into / for B) into / from / for
C) from / in / her D) for / from / in
17. We watched the program called Hard Talk _____ CNN. Because we
are interested _____ politics.
A) in / to B) on / from C) on / in D) off / of
18. _____ child _____ playing in _____ yard.
A) Who’s / is / our B) Whose / is / our
C) Whose / is / ours D) Whose / are / our
19. A: _____ are you doing under the trees?
B: I’m _____ my keys.
A) What / looking off B) Whom / looking in
C) When / looking up D) What / looking for
20. _____ hair is blonder than _____.
A) Her / yours B) Hers / yours
C) Her / your D) Hers / your
21. _____ is hiding behind _____ car?
A) Whose / my B) Who’s / mine
C) Who / my D) Whose / mine
22. I am _____ English.
A) study B) to study C) studying D) studied
23. She’s _____ jeans.
A) wearing B) wear C) to wear D) wore
24. I am _____ tennis this afternoon.
A) play B) playing C) to play D) played
25. We are not _____ outside.
A) go B) went C) going D) to go
26. Where are you _____?
A) go B) going C) to go D) went
27. “Are you ____ a good time?”
“Yes, we ____.”
A) having / are B) have / is
C) having / do D) have / aren’t
28. I _____ from Switzerland.
A) come B) coming C) to come D) came
29. Is my English _____ better.
A) gets B) get C) getting D) to get
30. Jane’s _____ her friend tonight.
A) sees B) seeing C) see D) saw
31. He _____ as a clerk in a bank.
A) working B) work C) works D) to work
32. “Why are you _____ a suit?” “You usually wear jeans.”
A) wears B) wore C) wear D) wearing
33. I read _____ bed.
A) at B) in C) to D) under
34. We’ve got this jumper _____ red
A) in B) to C) with D) at
35. He’s talking _____ Mandy.
A) with B) to C) at D) for
36. There’s a girl _____ fair hair.
A) with B) on C) at D) out
37. I’m looking _____ jumper.
A) at B) for C) on D) in
38. I always pay _____ credit card.
A) in B) on C) at D) by
39. He’s _____ down.
A) sit B) sitting C) sits D) sat
40. It is _____ .
A) rains B) to rain C) raining D) rained
41. I’m _____ gum.
A) chew B) chewing C) chews D) chewed
42. I _____ a shower every morning.
A) am having B) have C) having D) had
43. I like _____ house.
A) your B) you C) yours D) your
44. _____ house is smaller than _____ .
A) Ours / theirs B) Our / their
C) Ours / their D) Our / theirs
45. _____ children are older than _____.
A) My / her B) Mine / hers C) My / hers D) Mine / her
46. _____ talking to _____ sister?
A) Whose / yours B) Who’s / your
C) Whose / your D) Who’s / yours
47. This book isn’t _____. Is it _____?
A) my / yours B) mine / your
C) my / your D) mine / yours
48. “_____ dictionary is this?” “It’s _____.”
A) Whose / him B) Who’s / his
C) Whose / his D) Who’s / him
49. “_____ going to the party tonight?”
“I am not.”
A) Whose B) Which C) Who’s D) Where
50. And _____ garden is bigger than _____.
A) their / ours B) theirs / ours
C) their / our D) theirs / ours
51. _____ dog is running round _____ garden.
A) Whose / ours B) Who’s/our
C) Whose / our D) Who’s / ours
52. I _____ tennis this afternoon.
A) ’m playing B) play C) playing D) plays
53. We _____ pizza for dinner tonight.
A) having B) have C) are having D) had
54. _____ boots are these?
A) Whose B) Which C) What D) Whose
55. _____ do you do after school today?
A) Which B) Why C) What D) Where
56. Where _____ you going tonight.
A) do B)is C) does D) are
57. She _____ tennis every day.
A) play B) playing C) plays D) to play
58. My daughter _____ French and German.
A) speaks B) ’s speaking C) speak D) to speak
59. Sally _____ a breakfast at the moment.
A) has B) having C) is having D) had
60. I’m not _____ to buy you lunch, today.
A) go B) going C) goes D) to go
61. How many languages do you _____?
A) speaking B) speaks C) spoke D) speak
ELEMENTARY Test: 11
1-C 2-A 3-C 4-D 5-A 6-A 7-C 8-D 9-A 10-C 11-D 12-C 13-B 14-A 15-C 16-A 17-C 18-B 19-D 20-A 21-C 22-C 23-A 24-B 25-C 26-B 27-A 28-A 29-C 30-B 31-C 32-D 33-B 34-A 35-B 36-A 37-B 38-D 39-B 40-C 41-B 42-B 43-A 44-D 45-C 46-B 47-D 48-C 49-C 50-A 51-C 52-A 53-C 54-D 55-C 56-D 57-C 58-A 59-C 60-B 61-D