Elementary Test 12
Elementary Test 12
– Going to – Wh questions
– Infinitive of purpose
– Making suggestions – Prepositions
1. She _____ to be a ballet dancer when she _____ up.
A) go / grow B) going / grows
C) goes / grows D)’s going / grows
2. We _____ to stay in a villa in France this summer.
A) going B) ‘re going C) to go D) go
3. I _____ Peter tonight.
A) ‘m seeing B) see C) seeing D) to see
4. I’m going _____ Peter tonight.
A) see B) seeing C) to see D) saw
5. Careful! The glass is _____ fall.
A) going B) going to C) goes to D) go to
6. We _____ to Paris this weekend.
A) going B) go C) ‘re going D) to go
7. Tom and Tim _____ for lunch tomorrow.
A) to come B) coming C) came D) are coming
8. I’m saving my money _____ a CD player.
A) buying B) to buy C) buy D) bought
9. We’re going to Paris _____ a holiday.
A) to have B) have C) having D) had
10. I’m going to Florida _____ a year’s time.
A) at B) on C) in D) by
11. He’s interested _____ flying.
A) at B) in C) on D) with
12. She’s good _____ singing.
A) on B) at C) in D) with
13. She was afraid _____ cars.
A) at B) with C) in D) of
14. What’s the weather _____ today?
A) like B) with C) in D) about
15. What’s _____ TV tonight?
A) in B) at C) on D) by
16. There’s a film _____ channel 4.
A) at B) in C) by D) on
17. What’s _____ the cinema?
A) on B) at C) on at D) at on
18. They _____ both _____ to become TV stars.
A) are / go B) are / going to
C) is / going D) are / going
19. What’s she going _____ ?
A) do B) doing C) to do D) did
20. She’s going _____ home.
A) to walk B) walking C) walk D) to walking
21. She wants _____ in Paris and Moscow.
A) dancing B) dance C) is dancing D) to dance
22. They _____ going _____ a car this year.
A) aren’t / get B) aren’t / getting
C) aren’t / to get D) aren’t / got
23. _____ he play tennis last Sunday?
A) Did B) Does C) Do D) Are
24. _____ he playing tennis now?
A) Are B) Does C) Is D) Did
25. _____ you wash it yesterday ?
A) Do B) Does C) Did D) Are
26. I _____ going to wash it tonight.
A) do B) am C) are D) do
27. We _____ having dinner at the moment.
A) do B) is C) are D) did
28. _____ you have a dinner at this time every evening?
A) Did B) Do C) Does D) Are
29. What _____ your parents going to do when they retire?
A) is B) do C) are D) did
30. When _____ your parents first meet?
A) did B) does C) do D) are
31. What time _____ Maria usually arrive at school?
A) does B) is C) do D) did
32. Look _____ that picture. Isn’t it beautiful?
A) on B) at C) in D) by
33. What have we got _____ dinner?
A) at B) of C) for D) from
34. Our hotel is fifty meters _____ the sea.
A) of B) in C) than D) from
35. What is the longest river _____ the world?
A) at B) on C) in D) at
36. France is bigger ____ England.
A) from B) on C) like D) than
37. I’m looking _____ Jane. Do you know where she is?
A) about B) for C) at D) in
38. Can you buy me a bottle _____ lemonade _____ the shop?
A) of / at B) at / of C) from / at D) from / of
39. Maria is _____ her sister in many ways.
They’re both beautiful and intelligent.
A) from B) like C) of D) about
40. What did you do _____ the weekend?
A) of B) in C) at D) for
41. _____ Saturday night we went to a party.
A) In B) On C) At D) For
42. I _____ going out, because it _____ going to rain.
A) ‘m not / is B) amn’t / is B) isn’t / am D) aren’t / is
43. _____ you going _____ wash your car this afternoon?
A) Are / too B) Are / to C) ‘re / to D) Am / to
44. She _____ going to the post office _____ some stamps.
A) is / to buy B) is / for buying
C) ‘s / for to buy D) * / buy
45. I’m _____ home early next week.
A) go B) going for going
C) going D) going to
46. What _____ the weather _____ in Las Vegas the day before yesterday.
A) were / like B) was/as
C) is / like D) was/like
47. A : _____ is the weather like _____ ?
B : _____ is sunny & warm. But yesterday _____ cold.
A) What / today / it / was
B) How / today / it / was
C) What / it / today / *
D) How / it / today / was
48. A : What _____ we _____ ?
B : _____ go swimming.
A) will / do / Let me B) shall / do / Let’s
C) would / do / Let her D) shall / do / Let me
49. A: What is the weather _____ like tomorrow?
B: Sunny. _____ we go on picnic?
A) going to / Shall B) going to be / Will
C) going to be / Are D) going to be / Shall
50. A : _____ are you going to eat?
B : Pizza.
A : _____ ’re you going to eat?
B : In the cafeteria.
A) Where / What B) What / Where
C) What / When D) Who / Whom
51. A : _____ is Jim going to get married?
B : Next month.
A : _____ is he going to marry?
B : His colleague.
A) What time / Who B) Who / Where
C) When / Whom D) Where / *
52. A: _____ are you going to the chemist’s?
B: I’m going to the chemist’s _____ some medicine.
A) Why / too buy B) Why / to buy
C) When / two buy D) Where / buy
53. A: _____ is Pittsburg _____ Ohio?
B: About 500 kilometers.
A) How long / from B) How far / from
C) How big / off D) How small / since
54. German is _____ English in some ways, but it is more difficult _____
A) like / then B) as / that C) like / than D) like / like
55. Nicola’s _____ to Liverpool _____ his grandparents.
A) coming / visit B) to come/visit
C) going to come / to visit D) coming / to visit
ELEMENTARY Test: 12
1-D 2-B 3-A 4-C 5-B 6-C 7-D 8-B 9-A 10-C 11-B 12-B 13-D 14-A 15-C 16-D 17-C 18-D 19-C 20-A 21-D 22-C 23-A 24-C 25-C 26-B 27-C 28-B 29-C 30-A 31-A 32-B 33-C 34-D 35-C 36-D 37-B 38-A 39-B 40-C 41-B 42-A 43-B 44-A 45-B 46-D 47-A 48-B 49-D 50-B 51-C 52-B 53-B 54-C 55-D