grammar for beginners verbs
Singular (subject/verb agreement)
I talk /go
you talk / go
he, she, it talks /goes
Plural (subject/verb agreement)
we talk / go
you talk / go
they talk / go
Write the right form of the verb:
(drive) My dad ________ his car to work every day.
(swim) She ________ in the morning before school.
(eat) We ______ three meals a day.
(watch) He __________ television in the morning.
(ride) My sister ________ her bike for school.
(listen) They ________ to their iPods when they run.
(sleep) A cat ________ many hours every day.
(practice) The football team ____________ every Wednesday.
(shine) The sun _________ every day.
(eat) They ________ too much.
(do) Mum ________ the dishes.
(go) I ________ to school five days a week.
(own) He ________ many cars.
(sing) She _________ beautifully.
(like) I _________ to ride my bike.
(type) You _________ too little.
(read) She ________ a book every week.
(be) Nate ______ a naughty boy!
(see) He _______ nothing!
(make) I ______ them a cup of tea.
21. (sell) The woman _____ newspapers.
22. (catch) It never ________ birds.
23. (buy) I _______ candy once a month.
24. (like) My brother and his friends _________ to play golf.
25. (be) There _______ oil on the floor.
26. (walk) I often _______ to the library.
27. (go) They often _______ to the cinema to watch a film.
28. (drink) The boy __________ milk every day.
29. (speak) He _________ good English.
30. (work) They ________ in the big factory on the corner of the street.
31. (look) The animals in the zoo _______ hungry.
32. (ride) The postman _______ his bike when on work.
34. (like) We _______ to do our homework together.
35. (leave) The plane _________ in an hour.
36. (wash) My neighbor ___________ his car every Sunday.
37. (iron) Mom _________ the clothes every week.
38. (go) I always ________ to bed before 10 pm.