Elementary Test 7
Elementary Test 7
– Past Simple
– Regular verbs, irregular verbs
– Time expressions
1. He _____ some new shoes last month.
A) bought B) buying C) buy D) buys
2. Where _____ you _____ on holiday last year?
A) did / went B) go / did C) did / go D) do / go
3. A: _____ you _____ Jane last month?
B: No, I _____ .
A) * / saw / didn’t B) Did / see / didn’t
C) Did / saw / didn’t D) Did / see / did
4. A: _____ did she _____ a job?
B: In the car factory.
A) When / get B) Where / got
C) Who / get D) Where / get
5. Max didn’t _____ yesterday afternoon; he _____ at home.
A) go out / stayed B) go out / stay
C) went out / stayed D) went out / stay
6. Geoffrey _____ French before, but he _____ at university now.
A) study didn’t / studies B) didn’t study / study
C) did not study / studies D) didn’t studied / studies
7. A: _____ did they have _____ lunch?
B: Soup & fish.
A) What / on B) What / for
C) Where / in D) Who / for
8. A: Where _____ you last week?
B: I _____ in Alabama.
A) were / were B) was / is C) were / was D) was / were
9. I usually _____ for 6 hours a day, but I _____ for 8 hours yesterday.
A) work / worked B) works / worked
C) worked / worked D) work / work
10. Rosemary often _____ to work by bus, but she _____ to work by taxi
A) got / get B) gets / got C) get / got D) got / got
11. Bonny and Nick _____ tennis last weekend, but they rarely _____
A) played / play B) play / play
C) play / plays D) play / played
12. It _____ a lot in winter here, but it _____ last year.
A) snows / rains B) snowed / rained
C) snow / rain D) snows / rained
13. Last year it _____ for three months, but it _____ just for two weeks.
A) snows / rains B) snowed / rained
C) snowing / raining D) snow / raining
14. A: _____ it snow a little in winter in Holland?
B: Yes, it _____ . But last winter it _____ snow at all.
A) Do / do / didn’t B) Does / do / doesn’t
C) Does / does / didn’t D) Do / does / don’t
15. A: _____ you usually work for 8 hours a day?
B: Yes, I _____ . But last week I _____ for 8 hours a day.
A) Do / do / didn’t work
B) Do / did / didn’t worked
C) Did / did / don’t work
D) Do / did / don’t work
16. A: _____ Alex _____ you yesterday evening?
B: No, he _____ .
A) Did / helped / didn’t B) Did / helped / did
C) Did / help / did D) Did / help / didn’t
17. It _____ Jack’s birthday two days ago.
A) was B) were C) is D) are
18. A: Who _____ you eat with?
B: Well, I _____ dinner with friends.
A) did / eat B) did / eats C) did / ate D) did / eaten
19. Ann usually _____ to work, but yesterday she_____ .
A) drive / walks B) drives / walked
C) drove / walked D) drive / walk
20. It usually _____ a lot in winter but last year it _____ .
A) rains / snowed B) rains / snows
C) rain / snowed D) rain /snow
21. Ann and Max usually _____ sailing at weekends, but last weekend
they _____ tennis.
A) goes / played B) go / played
C) went / play D) went / played
22. My family left London and moved _____ a small village.
A) to B) in C) at D) for
23. People all _____ the world speak English.
A) of B) for C) over D) from
24. What do you know _____ George Washington?
A) with B) about C) for D) off
25. Now she _____ alone, but when she was a child she _____ with her
mother and sisters.
A) live / lived B) lives / lived
C) lived / lives D) live / lived
26. Where _____ she live now ?
A) did B) do C) does D) is
27. She _____ learn to read until she was 86.
A) didn’t B) doesn’t C) isn’t D) don’t
28. Where _____ she live in 1950?
A) does B) is C) did D) do
29. She _____ work when she was 8.
A) started B) starts C) start D) starting
30. “_____ you like the film?”
“No, I _____ .”
A) Are / am not B) Did / didn’t
C) Do / didn’t D) Are / didn’t
31. She thinks _____ her past life.
A) off B) for C) about D) with
32. He was tired _____ politics.
A) of B) at C) from D) with
33. She died _____ a car crash.
A) at B) for C) in D) on
34. People were afraid _____ her.
A) from B) of C) at D) on
35. I _____ in Paris when I was six.
A) lived B) live C) living D) lives
36. We _____ move to London.
A) did B) didn’t C) aren’t D) isn’t
37. “When _____ you have your last holiday?”
A) do B) are C) did D) is
38. He _____ the school in 1994.
A) left B) leaved C) leave D) leaves
39. He _____ his wife, Maria, in 1998.
A) met B) meted C) meet D) meets
40. In my bedroom there’s a bed _____ a wardrobe.
A) but B) so C) and D) also
41. Millions of people _____ to London for her Funeral when he died.
A) come B) coming C) came D) comes
42. Peter stayed _____ his grandmother _____ Christmas.
A) at / in B) to / in C) on / at D) with/at
43. We arrived _____ the airport _____ New York _____ 5:45 am.
A) at / in / at B) to / in / at
C) on / at / at D) at / at / in
44. Speak _____ me in English. It’s good practice _____ us.
A) to / with B) of / of C) to / for D) with / on
45. There’s a postman _____ a letter _____ you.
A) with / for B) with / to C) at / to D) at / at
46. I often think _____ the day we met.
A) off B) on C) about D) for
47. Tuncay Atakan is an English teacher. He _____ English.
A) teaching B) like C) teaches D) study
48. ‘Was there anyone at the office yesterday?’
‘ No, ______.’
A) they weren’t B) there isn’t
C) there wasn’t D) they didn’t
49. ‘Did she go to the cinema last night?’
‘No, she ______.’
A) did B) wasn’t C) can’t D) didn’t
50. ‘_____ they come by train?’
‘No, they came by plane.’
A) Do B) Does C) Were D) Did
51. I came to live here three years _____ .
A) ago B) before C) last D) always
52. _____ month I went to Paris.
A) This B) That C) Last D) Next
53. In my family we _____ dinner at seven o’clock.
A) take B) do C) go D) have
54. There’s a bank _____ the bookshop.
A) between B) on C) opposite D) straight ahead
55. I usually take the car because I don’t like _____ .
A) working B) running C) going D) walking
56. We _____ in a hotel in Frankfurt.
A) stayed B) was C) spent D) had
57. ‘Where can I buy some medicine?’
‘At the _____ in Cook Street.’
A) chemist’s B) bank C) market D) baker’s
58. ‘______ ?’
‘He’s very nice.’
A) What does he look like?
B) What’s he like?
C) How is he?
D) How does he look?
ELEMENTARY Test: 7
1-A 2-C 3-B 4-D 5-A 6-C 7-B 8-C 9-A 10-B 11-A 12-D 13-B 14-C 15-A 16-D 17-A 18-C 19-B 20-A 21-B 22-A
23-C 24-B 25-B 26-C 27-A 28-C 29-A 30-B 31-C 32-A 33-C 34-B 35-A 36-B 37-C 38-A 39-A 40-C 41-C 42-D
43-A 44-C 45-A 46-C 47-C 48-C 49-D 50-D 51-A 52-C 53-D 54-C 55-D 56-A 57-A 58-B